Skip to content
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to find your project, say hello to the Host/Hostess and be with your project by the workshop start time. Starting workshops on time allow us to stay within our allotted time frame.
- Understand that you are not a professional sign-maker (unless you are - if so, thanks for attending!!!) and that there will be minor imperfections with your project that may or may not be within your control. Our mission is to encourage you to embrace those imperfections and love all the characteristics of your project. We live in an imperfect world so why would your project be any different?
- Maintain silence and follow along when we explain the steps. We do not expect you to remember every detailed step but if you remember something and your friend remembers something else, you can help each other out. We will be more than happy to help you during the entire workshop.
- Always paint with THIN LAYERS. Many thin layers of paint dry quicker and more evenly than one thick layer. We use 100% Acrylic water-based paint which dries quicker if the moisture is able to escape easier - thus the reason thin layers work the best.
- The smoother the surface of your project (if your project is a wood sign) the better adhesion your stencil will have against it. Use a sanding block between pre-stencil paint layers to remove paint strokes and other raised wood fibers will help achieve a smooth surface.
- ALWAYS remove the stencil AGAINST THE GRAIN of the wood to prevent splinters from pulling up.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh